19 January 2009

Sex and home buying



As a small intro to my blog and my life, I will start out by telling you that I am a married stay at home/work at home mom. My husband and I have 3 kids and live in small town rural America. We've been together for almost 12 years, married for almost 9 and have been renters the entire time. We are currently shopping for our first home.


Clearly, we have a pretty active sex life or I wouldn't be blogging about it. Truth be told, some of our activities can, well, simply put- be rather loud. The housing market is in a slump, we figured it was a great time to look into buying- who would have thought that sex might get in the way of us finding our "dream home"? It is amazing to me the number of homes that are built with the master bedroom right on top of the secondary bedrooms- what were these contractors thinking?


Each home we view we then have to come back and discuss the bedrooms, which wall would house our bed and how many paces it is from the closest of the children's rooms. Our oldest child is current entering the teen years and has a pretty clear idea of what goes on with mom and pop. I certainly don't want to subject any of my kids to vivid details, but I also don't want to be forced into curbing my sexual behavior because we bought a house with thin walls.


The rental we live in now has a perfect set up- two bedrooms up, two bedrooms down, the two smaller children share a room upstairs, across a decent sized hallway from my husband and I and our older child is downstairs. It works for all- when there are noisy teenage sleepovers, the rest of the family is not disturbed and when hubby and I are having at it, the kids are hours into dreamland and/or on the other side of the house and can't possibly hear us. Too bad it's a rental with a leaky skylight, leaky pipes, terrible heating and a poorly designed kitchen.


I have to believe the perfect house is out there- a kitchen that actually has usable counter space, more than one bathroom and bedrooms that are not on top of each other- within our budget and preferably in our school district. Not an outrageous list, certainly seems doable. Time will tell...


No comments:

Post a Comment